Monday, February 14, 2011

the brave little camera

My camera. I haven't seen it since Dec. 25 (which turns out is when I left it in the car...oops), and I had assumed that it had gotten stolen since I had possibly left it in our car overnight. It hadn't turned up in weeks (my room is messy....but not THAT messy...okay maybe it is but I knew it wasn't in the house). Anyway, I very sadly resigned myself (is that proper grammar?) never to see it again. It wasn't that expensive ($75 I think! on major sale, and I got it right before I went to Jerusalem over 2 years ago), and it's not super high quality or fancy, but still! That little thing has been a lot of places with me! (Jerusalem, Egypt, Sea of Galilee, Jordan, Mediterranean Sea, Louisiana, California, and more.) And our current budget is such that it cannot accommodate the purchase of a new camera ... Also, a blog (at least, mine) without any pictures is kind of boring (in my opinion). And, what's the fun of cooking or baking a masterpiece if you can't at least take a photo of it?? Actually, Corey is just awesome at reinforcing my efforts at just about anything I try, so truthfully, that is enough. I like taking photos to remember it though. Anyway, so I had just given myself up to a picture-less blog and boring emails back to family in Louisiana until some vague point in the future when we'd get another camera.

BUT:
Good thing Dad for some reason was cleaning out the van and he found it! I guess I left it in the car when we drove somewhere on Christmas. Huzzah!!! I picked it up at his office on campus today, and in celebration this was the first picture I took.

Don't they look studly? And Dad is wearing his pink shirt in honor of V-day, of course. :)

The second photo was food (naturally): the breadstick heart (aw, cute) I made tonight so we could have something to dip in our spaghetti sauce + homemade alfredo = tasty sauce. Thanks for the recipe, Mom.
More pictures to come!

5 comments:

Brian & Kyla said...

Yay for finding your camera!

Danielle said...

Yay for your camera! You of all people need one to document all the beautiful things you see all the time. I love the studly picture with the pink heart, and NICE JOB on the heart breadstick! HA

janel said...

Love the reference to the brave little toaster!!! I made breadsticks last night and never thought of making one into a heart? Hello! Awesome!

Becca said...

You finally found it! I was going to give you my old one! Awesome possum breadsticks!

Linda said...

It always pays to clean the car. :) Thanks for catching Dad in his V-day get-up...my man-for-all-seasons BDP. :) I'm looking forward to more photo-accompanied blogs...but especially the blogs.