Monday, January 17, 2011

Tender Mercy

For our Christmas present, my sister Janel and her husband Mark gave us tickets to The Christmas Carol at the Hale Center Theater. We loved it. The acting, costumes, music, story line, and overall atmosphere were so refreshing. It is crazy how the arts bring Corey and me closer together. In fact, we had even come directly from the temple to the play, and I was astounded to realize that the play brought us back in sync with each other more than attending the temple did. Now, this is not to say that the temple didn't have a positive effect on us, because it did. But in this case, the power of the arts on us was also undeniable. We won't be totally happy if we only ever go to the temple and do nothing else. We won't be happy if we go to plays and musicals all day, every day (although we would probably be bankrupt). For us, it's a matter of balance. Isn't that what life is really all about, though?

Speaking of the power of the arts, enjoy this thirty-second ditty. We quote it frequently around the Bennett household. :) Gutentaaaaaaag!!!!!!





ps: We got a photo of us at the theater, but I have currently misplaced the camera. Ah me.
pps: This is the first video clip I have ever successfully put on my blog. This is a big day, people.

3 comments:

janel said...

I would not have immediately grouped "tender mercies" "fine arts" and "Raisin Brahms" in the same category, but I guess I can now! I'm so glad you liked the Cmas gift.

Becca said...

Raisin Brahms, I love you! Do they sell those at Macey's? This is too hilarious.

Linda said...

Since Pres. Monson quotes "A Christmas Carol" about every other conference, it must be nearly scripture, eh?