Monday, July 26, 2010

Home Sweet Library

I love BYU's library, especially in the summer. Hundreds of empty computers to choose from. Countless vacant chairs at totally empty tables to pick from. And, it's quiet. No waiting in lines in the bathroom or to check out books. No traipsing to different floors after searching unsuccessfully for an empty table or cubicle. Also, the couches in the bathroom are usually vacant! So if I want to sleep, I can. :) (Note: I have never slept in a BYU bathroom, but I'd like to some day before I graduate.) Anyway, the library is just nice. The atmosphere of learning and productivity is a good influence on me. The view as you walk out from the main floor is beautiful. In short, I love hanging out in this library. (Especially when I'm not frantically working on some assignment.) :)

PLUS: They filmed THIS here this summer!!! (see next post if you're confused)

Random note: This weekend is the first official Keith and Linda Wilson family reunion. HUZZAH!!! Let the games begin!!

4 comments:

janel said...

One of my favorite memories is the smell of the flowerbeds of petunias right outside the front doors of the library. It brings back memories of many happy (and a few desperate) hours in the HBLL!

Linda said...

Summer at BYU does have its advantages . . . I remember those pleasant times myself.

Danielle said...

No kidding! And the smell of Dad's library office. BYU does have an amazing library. Have you explored the Music Library yet? If not, you should! I like the smell of it there, too. You can check out headphones and music and listen to a lot of really great stuff.

Becca said...

No kidding, it makes for a lot easier last minute print jobs when you don't have to wait 20 min. just to get a stinking computer! Woof.