Monday, June 07, 2010

Warning: This is not a motivational post.

So I have to write a decent-sized paper today (right now, to be exact). 5-7 pages for my Humanities class, and it's due tomorrow. And right now I have a 92.3% in the class, so I need to do pretty well on this paper if I want an A since there's just this and the final exam left to contribute to our grades.

In spite of that knowledge, however, suddenly I "have" to check my email, go through my inbox to categorize emails and sort them into folders, answer Relief Society emails, check Google Reader again to see if anyone has posted in the last ten minutes, login to Facebook, check random people's blogs, text my husband, login to Blackboard to see what my grades are, etc. etc. etc. If I had a twitter I'd probably get on that, too. What's the weather going to be like tomorrow? Or I haven't checked our online bank account balance in a few days.... and if I were at home I'd go into the kitchen and open the fridge.

It's a little frightening when no matter how hard you attempt to motivate yourself you can't seem to do what you need to do when you really need to do what you need to do.

(Insert long sigh here.)

It's gonna be a long day and a long night and a long next day.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahaha. Omigosh I love it!!! I win! Somebody actually posted in the last 15 minutes!!! No, I don't have a paper due tomorrow but other than that I think we are basically the same person! I miss seeing you every day in class! I am almost looking forward to being back in school just so I can see you every day. Life would be better if there were no school but we could still see each other all the time. I wonder if there is any way to make that work? Maybe you could figure that out while you are trying to write your paper. Haha! Love you!!!

Linda said...

Good luck Suzy! You'll pull it off...you always do...and in top style as well!

Becca said...

Don't worry, you are getting to be really good at all nighters. And just console yourself with that comic of the guy sitting next to the huge rock talking about the monolithic task ahead of him, and he says, "maybe i'll have a quick peek at the internet..."

janel said...

If poor Suzy can pull of Babysitting, she can pull off paper writing. (And you did!)