Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Flies and Flyswatters

So yesterday we had dinner...and it got more than a little smoky, thanks to some overheated oil. :) We opened the door and the windows and turned on fans and hoped it would clear out soon. It did, but it also cleared in a fly or two. Or seven.

I detest houseflies. BLEGH. Especially, as I have learned recently, ones that whiz around the kitchen or my ears (or both). They really bug me (no pun intended), and I've seriously had to pray to not get mad at everyone and everything when the pesky flies are at it again. Anyway, Corey killed six of them -- with my hotpad!! (We don't have a flyswatter.) However, one eluded him. And it's been whizzing around our house for the past 21 or 22 hours. I know, nasty. But, finally, I was able to corner him, and I just smacked him to his death. With a rolled-up newspaper, not a hotpad, might I add.

So, yeah. I'm cool. Go us. This was kind of a lame post.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Haha. I have the same feeling about flies. I hate it when they buzz around my head while I'm in the kitchen cooking. Congrats on your victory against the last one standing. :-)

Liz Wilcken said...

We had one stuck in Brian's parent's house too. A big fat one, and my kids swore it was a bee.

Chels said...

Haha, you are funny. And ditto about the flies. Nothing frustrates me faster than a fat loud fly buzzing around my head.

janel said...

The first time I ever met Mark's family (in Colorado) was the night of a big family dinner--during which 100 flies made their home in the house. And the psycho thing was that Mark's dad killed a bunch and kept them on a napkin on top of the fridge. I was a little weirded out. Also, I can't handle flies either. Which makes it hard because Lily made her own doggy door through our back screen door.

krista said...

p.s. I think they have fly swatters at All-a-Dollar

Becca said...

yeah, you should've come borrowed our flyswatter! It's big enough to even get crane flies. :)