Meet the In-Laws: Corey Bennett
by Suzy (Wilson) Bennett
I thought the ever-growing Criddle melting pot could use a little more southern spice...so I recruited (and married!) a southern gent named Corey Bennett. :)
Eleven Things You Might Not Know About Corey Bennett
1. "Y'all" is a legitimate word and should be used at least once in every sentence.
2. College football is practically a religion in his hometown of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Please don't call during a Louisiana State University football game.
3. Before college, he was in the cast of Oliver and Oklahoma!, and played roles as Bert in Mary Poppins and Arab in West Side Story.
4. He served his mission in the France Toulouse Mission (southern France) and speaks that language of love mighty well!
5. If you haven't eaten anything with Tony Chachere's spice seasoning, you haven't lived.
6. He recently switched his major at BYU from business to music (vocal emphasis) with a business minor.
7. He is currently serving as the Elders' Quorum President in our family ward and loves it.
8. The Princess and the Frog, set in New Orleans, recently became his favorite Disney movie - an incredibly accurate representation of Southern culture! (Suzy: "I had more fun watching Corey watch the movie than actually watching the movie itself! He was laughing his head off the whole time. Corey: "I felt like the whole movie was an inside joke with myself!!!")
9. He and Grandmother Criddle served as Provo Temple workers at the same time, and Corey continues to enjoy this calling.
10. He is a wonderful spouse and treats me as a true southern gentleman would. When we're together, it's a rare door that I open for myself!
11. Corey has a great memory for people and names and is doing very well with remembering all the many Criddle cousins and aunts and uncles!