Wednesday, April 28, 2010

In All Thy Ways

I debated posting this post, just because I don't want to sound like (or be) a bragger. But, this is something that means a lot to me, and I think most people who read this blog hope to receive a general update with what's happening in my life.

I just checked my grades from Winter 2010 and ...

... 4.0!!!!

Boom baby! This hasn't happened since freshman year, the semester that I took Career Exploration and two "Intro to ___" classes. :) Let's just say another Wendy's run for a couple of Frostys may be in order. Or maybe we'll "just" hit up Baskin Robbins (see previous post). And, I would be completely in the wrong if I did not acknowledge the active involvement of the Lord in my life, and gratitude for a loving and extremely supportive husband who put up with breakdowns, continually stressed-out and grumpy me, and those all-nighters I unfortunately pulled. And a family who loves me and gives me food and makes me dinner and leaves me muffins when I'm uber stressed-out. And friends who don't mind that I forget to call or email them back.

It all works out.

"In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths"
--Proverbs 3:6

Lastly, I realize that this is a blessing from heaven (and from my professors). I also realize that there have been other semesters where I've tried harder and been more dedicated to my schoolwork, and haven't come out with these kind of grades. I'm not exactly sure why this semester it turned out the way it did. I still procrastinated, stressed, and worried. I still said prayers in the Testing Center before beginning all my exams. I still slacked off in some, many, yes, all of my classes. Perhaps the Lord knew I'd need a little booster before tackling an entire spring and summer chock-full of more textbooks and studying. Or, maybe my brain capacity is increasing extremely rapidly. Maybe my faith has grown in ways that I haven't even been consciously aware of.

Whatever the reason(s), I'm grateful. I hope I can learn from this experience what I'm supposed to learn. (Even though grades are posted I'm still not done learning - no, I'll never be! Kind of an extremely exciting thought.) Okay, I'm done. For now. :)

6 comments:

amanda said...

good job! i'm telling ya, marriage seems to do wonders for your grades. I am the owner of one of those, and it's nice! :) love you

DC.

Linda said...

Way to go Suzanne! Go for a double frosty, at least...

Danielle said...

Great job!

Becca said...

woot woot!

Kristen said...

Way to go Suzy!!

Casey said...

You are AMAZING!!!!