Thursday, December 17, 2009

One left, and one year ago

One final left. (I saved the hardest for last. Wise, I know.)

Reminiscing:
This day last year was the day before I left for Jerusalem. What a night (it was one of the worst days of my life). Take two finals, rush home, pack my stuff, do my cleaning check**, check out of the apartment, pack what I needed for four months in the Middle East. I ended up not sleeping that night. And I missed my flight the next morning.

Thankfully, Dec. 17, 2009 has been MUCH calmer, for which I am extremely grateful.

**correction: I realized after I wrote this post that my heaven-sent roommate K-bob did my cleaning check that day. I didn't clean a square inch of the apartment. Kristen Zimmerman (now Skidmore) did it all. And during finals too. May she be blessed forever.

10 comments:

Courtney said...

I remember seeing you in the Wilk that day! Good luck with your last final. :)

janel said...

I was JUST telling Mark tonight how HORRIBLE December 17, 2008 was for me. Maybe Dec 17, 2010 be the best of all. And may you ace this final.

Kimberly said...

I think December 17, 2008 was a horrible night for all of us! (Although I must admit it was fun being almost the only customer at Walmart-- apparently 4 in the morning is the time to go!)

Remember how you slept on the floor in the JFK airport? And how the kid on our flight to Tel Aviv didn't sleep at all? Oh, what joyful memories! Maybe you should write those memories up for Mom for Christmas!

Linda said...

It was a happy day for me knowing you and Kim would be arriving soon . . . and who would have guessed, on the very same plane! What a nice surprise! Remember the photo that night at the Tel Aviv Airport in front of the giant, illuminated menorah?

Kristen said...

Haha. I don't think I did your cleaning checks....that sounds way to nice. I do remember how rushed you were to get everything done. Oh good times.

Suzy said...

no, I'm sure of it. k-bob you cleaned for me. stop trying to avoid recognition!

Becca said...

I remember hearing about that. Whew! Makes me tired thinking about it. How stinky.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Corey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda and dave said...

Thanks for entering! I'm glad that you did. lol, I was just sure that "maternity pants" would equal "oh my, you're pregnant"....you know!?