Saturday, August 15, 2009

call me rosie

I'm claiming a brag/whine moment. (This is my blog, after all, and as such I have inherent rights.) I worked approximately 12 hours and 35 minutes today at three different jobs. It was a looooong day and I just barely got home. Technically, it should have been a 13 1/2 hr day but I absolutely could not find my keys this morning when I went to leave for work at 9 am. So, after much searching, a prayer, and more searching, I finally found them an hour later - on my roommate's desk - and no clue how they got there... Only 2 more Fridays (after today) like this one! Huzzah! Yes, it's true, I put in my two weeks for both Terra Mia jobs (office and restaurant). It certainly is liberating when you take actions that involve being true to yourself. And, you know you've either been away from school too long or you've had an undesirable job - or both - when you're looking forward to putting in 12 hour days of studying. Ha! Well, I just have more appreciation for school now. :)

Picture of the Day

flowers atop the Conference Center

8 comments:

Linda said...

Somehow, after those kind of jobs, even studying for an exam doesn't seem quite so bad!

gigi said...

I hope that all is well and that you aren't going to keel over from exhaustion. I'm looking forward to school as well, especially if I get to see you there!

amanda and dave said...

I know how you feel about being ready for school! uh, did we go crazy?

janel said...

More pictures of the day and fun times in Murray! I love it.

Danielle said...

I think college and jobs like that help us feel more grateful for the jobs you will eventually be able to get after finishing!

kidfropro said...

It sounds like you took 'vacation' out of summer vacation. Good luck!

Becca said...

yay for school, and yay that we get to look forward to you moving in next week! yipee!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Don't forget to have a life, too, Suzy! We want to see you once in a while!