Sunday, July 19, 2009

R.A.O.K.

Random Acts of Kindness. A nice little acronym. Perhaps R.A.O.K. will become my new motto.

A few weeks ago someone washed my car, inside and out.

Wow.

Not only had it been on my list of things to do since I've been back from Jerusalem, but the sad state of Baby Blue had become increasingly bothersome to me. But - not quite enough for me to buckle down and wash it. And vacuum it. And wipe the dust off the inside dashboard from when I leave the windows down. And collect the leaves, old receipts, half-empty waterbottles and balled-up napkins from underfoot.

To Whom It May Concern: Thanks for leaving the glaring absence of a note! If the kind soul who saw my need and filled it reads my blog, then please accept my heartfelt thanks and appreciation. You increased my optimism of the human race in general. You make me want to do just such things for other people. You are a great example of the Savior and what He would do if He were here. Thank you!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Wow! I wish I had done the RAOK, but really, I just drove your car and probably got it DTE (dirtier than ever)! That someone is a saint, I agree.

Kylie said...

Suzy! I found you first. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Linda said...

I'd say that's a CAOF, a "Calculated Act of Kindness" -- the best kind. What a thoughtful neighbor!

Laura said...

Few people deserve handouts from the universe more than you, you give a lot to the people around you.

janel said...

At least there was no exploded diet Coke for anyone to clean up?!?

Kimberly said...

I think the best thing about RAOK is that they make you think better of everyone. But, you deserve it, Suz. I wish I'd thought to do it for you, too.