Sunday, March 15, 2009

bec

I remember getting into a fight with Kim over who got to sleep next to Becca in Grandma’s couch bed. All three of us slept in the bed, but Kim and I both wanted to sleep next to Bec, who loved us more than she didn’t want to sleep in the middle, so she of course got the lame end of the deal along with our elbows and knees poking into her all night long from both sides. And it was the same in the car – or any place we were or went, for that matter – everyone wanted to be by her. Whoa! How is that possible to be that much of a favorite? After thinking about it, I realized Becca has the personality that everyone is drawn to. Simply put, she edifies others. And that’s the reason we all gravitate toward her. Because she lifts others up. (And because she has the awesome middle name of Fern.)

Love you Becca. Thanks for being so positive and supportive and eager to help me when I’m feeling down, and even when I’m not! I hope Jord and Micah realize how lucky they are.

Hope your 24th year is bomb.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Becca has always been very loving and selfless. Remember when she would cry when other people were crying?

janel said...

She sure does draw people towards her. It's probably because she doesn't get mad when we call her fern gully gully.

Hez said...

I definitely remember being in this same situation--wanting to sit by Becca in church and not on the edge...heh heh... :)

krista said...

Suz,
You got confused. Everyone wanted to sit by me in the car...

krista said...

Just kidding. It's true. Becca has always been a peacemaker.