Friday, February 20, 2009

pitas, violas, and more

Things I've learned the past few days:

#1. I can play the viola! Or, at least, play the viola part by transposing it and playing it an octave or two higher than originally written anyway. I'd say I complete that string quartet like none other. :) I don't stick out any, do I? In any case, it makes me appreciate all those times when I do (did) get the melody playing first violin...


2. Don't ever let a Palestinian woman cut your hair.
(read here for Heather's hilarious discription and more pictures)

3. Good news: I can do my hair curly! And I will admit, it is nice not to be busting out the flat iron every day.


4. Pita Factory: How pitas are made.


5. Never give money to one Bedouin child.

6. Sisters are the best.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

ah ha ha...I love it! Good thing you always look hot!

L. said...

I loved seeing the Bedouin child photo. I was so busy trying to get the window up before 14 landed in my lap, that I couldn't appreciate the view!

janel said...

Hey, new coat! And can you bring home one of those pita making stones for me? I saw pitas at the store yesterday for 10 for $3.89. Nice work on the curls, though.

Danielle said...

What are those other string players doing in your flute quartet? Your hair looks super cute (curly). Wish it would work for mine...

Kyla Lewis said...

How cute! I was to see more pictures though Suzy!

Becca said...

nice! you can play viola, jordan can play flute, and if we're lucky, maybe bryce will bust out his clarinet!

Ash said...

love the hair!!

krista said...

The viola always has been the best. Now you also are seeing the light.