Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A few things you may or may not know about me

I love sneezing. Except when it hurts my head.

This is the first semester I have done laundry in a Laundromat in my life.

I love keeping a journal.

I can wiggle my ears.

Homemade popcorn is my favorite.

I like to think I’m a clean, neat, organized person. Then I look at my room.

I think it’s fun to make ugly noises and talk in stupid voices with my sisters. Just deal with it.

I never ever use hand railings (especially metal ones) in public if I can help it. Just think about how many people who never wash their hands have used that railing before you…ew.

I rarely dream.

Writing papers stresses me out. Bother did I learn nothing from Durham’s class??

Rainy days make me happy.

I would love to go skydiving sometime.

I don’t own an ipod. (Someone the other day found that out and told me to get with the program. Ha!)

I went spelunking yesterday and LOVED it. Boo ya. No pictures, though, cause I don’t have a camera case and didn’t want it to get smashed. Never have I been in such tight spaces as I was in Micah’s Cave. Ha, how appropriate in lieu of recent events… Brought back memories of Nutty Putty.

I can inhale my food when the need arises.…which need arises often since I usually allot myself a full two minutes for breakfast. If I’m lucky.

I love the Old Testament. More church members need to study it because it surely is powerful.

I collect rocks. (Fine, this one is a lie.)

I have never fallen asleep in class.

I miss practicing the flute.

I wish I were smarter about things like politics and knowing who is in what position and what so-and-so’s policy is, but I don’t. And I’m not interested in that kind of stuff, or, for that matter, very willing to put in the time and effort that will make it so I can conversely intelligently (ie have opinions) about that kind of thing. At least by the time I get back I’ll know something about Middle Eastern politics…?

Maybe my all-time favorite class I’ve taken at BYU was Human Anatomy.

I’ve saved nearly every nice note that I’ve received from other people over the years. A few of them have made it into a binder I’ve entitled “My Happy Book” (inspired years ago by Danielle). The rest sit patiently, crammed in a couple large manila envelopes, waiting for me to get with the program. And I will someday, because it’s important to me to remember – and preserve - the random acts of kindness by the good people around me in my life.

I don’t think I’ve ever flown a kite.

I have an incredible sense of fulfillment when I am a participant in or at least feel invested in any of the arts. Classical concerts, opera, musicals, art shows and the likes make me feel well-rounded. What’s more important, they touch me – I’d even go so far as to say they complete me - in a way that history and science just can’t. So cool to have season tickets to a professional orchestra someday...when I have money...

I'm going to take a finance class before I graduate.

I'd love to have thick, comfy carpet in my future home. Hardwood may be nice and impressive (and, unfortunately, more practical), but I like my feet to be warm. Plus, it just seems more inviting.

I could eat breakfast food three meals a day and be perfectly happy. :)

9 comments:

Danielle said...

What a great post! I didn't know almost any of these things about you. You forgot that you've never used a vending machine... or did you break the goal? And does the Swedish fish incident get mention anywhere?

Suzy said...

I most definitely have NOT broken the vending machine goal. :) and the swedish fish story will have to remain for another day and blog post :)

gigi said...

Suzy,
I love you. You are so awesome. I wish I could be as cool as you.
Love, Locrian
ps I had no idea Becca had a baby! I feel absolutely oblivious.

L. said...

Just reading your blog makes me want to think more about my perceptions of the world! --Mom

Becca said...

nice lists! now when boys ask me what you like, i can just refer them to this post! and, here's a little advice on the carpet (since we moved in after the williams kids)--don't have nice thick carpet in the bathroom! I'm glad you do ugly noises with your sisters. if only they did them back. die die. :)

Amanda said...

Fun! I almost chose that blog layout! So cute.

janel said...

Just for the record, I don't think we should blame the Williams kids for the idiotic idea of having carpet in the bathroom. Although I'm sure Jordan's probably already got big potty training plans for the Tittelfitz kids. And, also, I laughed at your sneezing comment, because today Eliza sneezed rice krispies all over herself--including her chin and eyelashes. I want to see your wiggling ears sometime. And I might not want to play the "I never" game with you. So much good stuff in this blog entry.

Kimberly said...

You can have my allergies,then, and sneeze like 50 times a day! Also, I think we should form a no iPod club!

Hez said...

I agree wholeheartedly with everything on this list except for the one about taking a finance class. You know, for a small fee, I would let you do my financial literacy packet class for me. Maybe even no charge. 'For you. Today only. Because you have such beautiful eyes.'