Thursday, February 05, 2009

EGYPT

Egypt was AWESOME. Too bad so many things just can't be adequately relayed/described, especially through just a few pictures and words. But tonight I'm posting a few photos to a) continue the trend of the picture travelogue blog I've somehow morphed this site into, b) let you all know that yes, I did survive and c) who doesn't want to see my beautiful face? :) Ha ha. I'm not forcing you to follow this blog, so I guess I can do whatever I want.

Just for the record, I took about 672 pictures in 9 days. Plus a few others on Mom and Dad's camera on the day that mine was lost (a miraculous story for another day).

Boo ya!

The picture you've all been waiting for


I think we decided this was pickled eggplant? I tried it, and never will again. Blegh.

self-explanatory

I'm obsessed with hieroglyphics. Name that word?

I didn't realize parts of Egypt were so green. Completely 100% due to the Nile.

Abdula, this adorable beyond adorable kid who sold spices in Luxor, Egypt. We're both October babies. :)

Muslim women - they're beautiful!

driving in Cairo. There are supposed to be 3 lanes, I think. Maybe 4. I'm shocked we didn't have a single driving mishap

watching the sunrise on Mt. Sinai

sunset on the Sinai Peninsula


perhaps. but for now, I'm content with drinking water straight out of the tap here in Israel. :)

11 comments:

janel said...

Cool pics! That was not even 1/100th of your pics. More, please? If not, I may be forced to post that picture of you and Heather that I took on Skype today...hee hee. Welcome back.

Jordan said...

Wow, Suzy! Those pictures are awesome. I'm really excited for you, and excited to go there.

Courtney said...

Wow! You are becoming so cultured! And quite the little traveler. I loved the pictures.

janel said...

I have been called to repentence by the family mathematician [BKN] to correct my mathematical error.
Let's try again.
"Cool pics! That WAS 1/100th of your pics, but WAS NOT 2/100th of your pics. More, please?..."
The plea for more still stands, even if there was some faulty math involved.

Danielle said...

Wow, those are so beautiful! Wow, 672 pictures! More please. Let's go for 2/100.

gigi said...

Beautiful Freaking Smart Person in Egypt makes for a very jealous Locrian in Utah.
I love the pictures.

Katya said...

Wow! Suz, I'm so jealous! Your photos are awesome! Glad that you are safe :)

kidfropro said...

Awesome. Love the pictures!

L. said...

They look so great, I don't think I'll need to post a thing! Thanks. --Mom

Natalie said...

I love your pics! It's so fun to see what you're doing! P.S. I voted on your new blog layout as "other" because I wanted to leave you the comment that I almost chose the exact same one. So that's a good thing...not really an "other" comment. I miss you! I hope you're having fun!

Laura said...

100% jealous.