Monday, December 22, 2008

my first round of pictures from the holy land!

Disclaimer: I'm still figuring out all the quirks with uploading pictures via blogger, so this post isn't as nice as I'd like it to be. However, I really want to post some pictures really quick before I hit the hay, so there. Take it or leave it.


The Dome of the Rock and Temple Mount. Yes, I took this picture, and no, it is not a scanned-in postcard. Thank you very much.



And here I am to prove it. :)


A view of the Old City of Jerusalem. Check out all the satellite dishes (along with water heaters). It's crazy how these houses are all crammed so closely together and built on top of each other practically. A lawn? What's that? Some of the homes have domed roofs; maybe to keep other people from building another level on top of their house. Pretty interesting.


Heath, me, and Mom at a restaurant where I tasted lamb shawarma, for the first time. Yum!

3 comments:

L. said...

A fun recap of your first adventures here! Thanks. --Mom

Danielle said...

What a beaut. You, I mean. The lamb thing sounded good! You are going to have the best semester ever!!!!

Becca said...

oh wooeee! new pictures! miss you!