Wednesday, November 12, 2008

onward ho!

"In urging us to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect, Jesus was not taunting us. He was telling us a powerful truth about our possibilities and about our potential. ...

"Each of us has more opportunities to do good and to be good than we ever use. These opportunities lie all around us. Whatever the size of our present circle of effective influence, if we were to improve our performance even a little bit, that circle would be enlarged. There are many individuals waiting to be touched and loved if we care enough to improve our performance."

--President Spencer W. Kimball, "Jesus: the Perfect Leader", Ensign, Aug 1979, 5


Do I care enough?

8 comments:

janel said...

Do you have enough guilt in your life? --Janel and Danielle

Danielle said...

(We didn't mean to sound rude, just to tell you that we think you DO care enough. You care a lot.)

Hez said...

Amen. --Mom

Becca said...

you care enough to give me hand massages at concerts!

Kimberly said...

Hello-- yes you do! Who else sits and listens to all my woes when she should be studying for an anatomy test she's taking in 3 hours??? That's love!

Amanda said...

Um...I didn't smash them...so they are like a big pan of crumbly oatmeal cookies :)

Beetle said...

There is work to be done. One of the worst days I had last summer was when we took a taxi to the capital. I realized how small my circle of influence really was and I was devastated. I wanted to make some sort of big impact.

We can't do everything, but we can do something. Don't dwell on it, just do one thing at a time. I love you. You've changed me for the better.

Chels said...

Amen to what Beetle said. You've changed me for the better.