Sunday, October 26, 2008

service: it does the body good

One of my best friends shared this quote with me when I was having a rough day a couple of weeks ago.

"The sure way to peace and happiness in this life and life hereafter is to serve the Lord today and everyday."

--Marion G Romney


Why is it so hard to remember. It is so simple. But still, sometimes I forget. I think about the studying I need to do, ingredients I need to buy for dinner group, my messy room I need to clean, and a myriad of other things.

When I'm caught up in my own insignificant woes and troubles, I need to read this.

And this.

And, finally, this.

5 comments:

Hez said...

But what about "this": D&C 88:124 (I noticed the hour your blog was written) and "this": Proverbs 16:33, or "this": Psalms 27:14 . . . --Mom

Hez said...

Oh RP. You're the best. I think you remember that quote more often than you think you do. We all need the reminders once in a while. :) I love ya!

janel said...

And remember that to everything there is a season, and during the educational season, the focus sort of has to be "all about me." Just find little ways to serve, and wait for the time (not far distant) when you'll be in a better position to do more service.

Kimberly said...

And remember to take care of yourself. It's important to serve, but like Elder Ballard said, you can't draw out of an empty well. You need to fulfill your spiritual and physical needs before you can fill others' needs.
I love you Suzy!

Danielle said...

And remember not to feel guilty, because you're doing a great job.