Thursday, September 25, 2008

week fourth

dissatisfaction
on the tip of my tongue
swimming, sinking
plates crashing down
try harder; they just fall faster
unseen flash of movement around the corner
grasping, groping through the fog
Hurry!
fading footsteps
a wormy bite of apple
race me blindfolded in a mine field
ovals, lopsided spirals, wandering loops and curves
my neverending staircase, climbing, spiraling, narrowing
go go! I say I can't
go anyway I'm told
dragged by the feet, bang bump ouch
dreaming of feasts
climbing climbing the pit just gets deeper
elusive, fleeting, tick tock
this puddle of wax
seeing darkly


8 comments:

janel said...

Holy cow, woman. This is very impressive. I can't believe you have the brainpower (especially right now at midterms) to compose this stuff! I feel like a total floof (see latest blog entry) compared to this. Nice work. Keep 'em coming.

janel said...

Don't you think you need to post a link to wilsonwatch.blogspot.com right now? For your viewers?

Hez said...

I analyzed a poem in front of my English class today for an hour--I wish I could have analyzed this piece of work! :)

Camille said...

Wow this is incredible!

L. said...

Graphic imagery! It definitely demands to be felt . . . and deeply. I hope the world feels a little more friendly today. --Mom

Becca said...

school's not that bad, is it? maybe you should take less credits... but wowzies on the poetry! nice work

Katya said...

Oh my greatness, I love it. Suzy, you're amazing!

Becca said...

maybe you should write a new blog post after every test, so i can know how they went without bugging you about it