Tuesday, September 23, 2008

For the beauty of the earth!





"To truly reverence the Creator, we must appreciate His creations. We need to plan to take time to observe the marvels of nature. Today, we can easily become surrounded by brick buildings and asphalt surfaces that shelter us from real life around us. Plan to share with your family the miracle of buds changing to fragrant blossoms. Take time to sit on a hillside and feel the tranquillity of the evening, when the sun casts its last golden glow over the horizon. Take time to smell the roses. ... All the marvels of nature are glimpses of the Lord’s divine power and expressions of His love."

--M. Russell Ballard (“The Handiwork of God,” New Era, Mar 2006, 2–7)


Every once in a while it's good to have a reminder. Recently it's come as a slap in the face to me; I realized I've become surrounded by brick buildings, asphalt surfaces, and hedged myself in behind my piles of ever-proliferating pile of homework, studying, and tests. It is my occupation right now, but it doesn't have to be my life. Let's not forget to smell the roses occasionally. Or, since 'tis the season, perhaps go for a drive up the canyon. Any takers?

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'll take you up in it! Then we could practice Spanish on the way and you wouldn't have to feel guilty about skipping on homework.
(Or we could just skip it. I'd be okay with that, too!)

Becca said...

I'm a taker. Fall in Utah is probably the best thing around here...besides the library and homework.

Danielle said...

Oh wow, those pictures make me feel homesick! It's pretty deserty out here. I wish I could take you up on it!

janel said...

Amen! Let's go see some real life action like this tomorrow! I can't wait.

Hez said...

I totally wish I could take you up on it and go for a ride in the canyon. Ah me. I've got to remember to smell the roses, which there are plentifully on my patio. :)

L. said...

So true! After crossing the border from Egypt into Israel, I began to notice every palm tree, each green plant or beautification project by any city . . . all things that had escaped my eye! --Mom

Val said...

Those are some amazing pictures! I love the changing colors and the fall season!

Val said...

Those are some amazing pictures! I love the fall season and the changing colors!