Thursday, June 05, 2008

I've been tagged. it's fun, okay?

Thanks, Ashley! Sorry it took me so long!

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the game the player tags 5 people, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Where were you 10 years ago: Guatemala. Wow, I can't believe that was a DECADE ago. The whole family went down to teach piano lessons to the members there. Of course, I wasn't much help at all, being nine and all, but I remember it being fun to play soccer with the Guatemalan boys (when they weren't terrorizing me with "I love you, Susy!", that is), drinking Crush out of a sandwich bag, and holding our breath through that interminably long tunnel almost every single day.

Five things (that were) on my to-do list today:
1. Get up (done)
2. Ace my waltz test (results pending)
3. Start studying for my physics test tomorrow
4. Prove to Dr. Donaldson for the sixth time that, no, I am not pregnant. (done, don't worry) And fill out the iPledge questions so I can get another refill of acutane.
5. Go grocery shopping. I haven't been since May 19th. Heh heh.


Five snacks I enjoy
:
1. toast!
2. orange julius, smoothies, jambas
3. graham crackers and milk
4. a bowl of cereal regardless of the time of day
5. crantzels. Oh, I mean pretzels. Actually, I just eat these because I don't usually have any better things to snack on.
6. chocolate-covered raisins

What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire: Buy IKEA and live in it for the rest of my life. You guys can come, too.

Four of my bad habits:
1. I have to check my email, everyone's blogs, Facebook, and maybe even post on my own blog before I can start my homework. Bad, I know.
2. I'm very goal-oriented but I procrastinate doing those goals until the last possible moment so the whole point of the goal is pretty much gone so I should just toss it and get on with my life but I can't so I end up going through the motions on a looooooot of originally well-intentioned aspirations.
That was a lot of abstract, ambiguous talking, so let me give you an example. Scriptures. I know they are good to read and I want to, but I usually "don't get to them" until I've done everything else I need to do in the day. Which means I usually read them around midnight or after. And I'm tired and don't get hardly anything out of them, but I can't NOT read them. Oh no. Never.
3. Hairballs
4. I don't usually eat a very healthy or well-balanced breakfast. Not because I don't want to, but because it seems like I always underestimate how much time things are going to take me and I end up running out the door shoving something very un-breakfasty in my mouth. (I will refrain from giving examples here.)
5. Whining occasionally
6. The tendency to freak out over small, insignificant problems


Five jobs that I have had
:
1. Band President
2. Jolly jump-up
3. Greeter
4. Self-appointed Wrist Nazi
5. Lover of the "I'm-really-really-tired-right-now-but-let's-keep-talking-anyway" attitude but enforcer of the "Okay-that-was-really-really-fun-and-I-want-to-keep-talking-but-I-MUST-sleep-so-
-g'night" attitude. Just ask Becca if you don't believe me.

Five things people don't know about me:
1. I really want to go to New Zealand some day.
2. I don't really care about politics. At all. And I know virtually nothing about the stock market, popular music, or how to change the oil in a car.
3. I have two dessert cravings right now: a banana split and a Brown Cow (thanks, Brick Oven). Yum.
4. Hard-core shoulder massages are some of my favorite things in the world.
5. I have this burning desire to take Abnormal Psychology before I graduate. And I will.
6. I wish wish wish I could be fluent in Spanish some day. Hopefully someday soon.
7. I have a mortal fear of parking garages. And of dark stairwells when I'm by myself. And of crane flies.
8. I think it would be so fun and really want to be an amazing cook someday. Someday when I have money to be able to buy all the ingredients, that is.
9. Sometimes I make ugly noises. You probably already knew that, though.
10. It would be really cool to beat a boy in racquetball someday. Oh, wait, I already did! HA!


5 people I'm tagging

1. Amanda
2. Katya
3. Kristen
4. Kim
5. Anyone else who reads this blog and so desires, consider yourself tagged!

9 comments:

Camille said...

I learned some things about you, Suzanne... :)

Katya said...

Thanks for tagging me Suzy! hehe

janel said...

As I wipe the last crumbs of my third piece of toast (for tonight...seventh for today), I can say you are still a mini Janel in some ways. In others...not so much (crane flies, hairballs...) And what's a wrist nazi?

janel said...

Also you have the biggest guilt complex of the century. (Krista and Mark are also in the running.)

Kimberly said...

I agree that chocolate-covered rasins are great. And I think you should add iPledge questions to your to-do list for today.

Suzy said...

right, kim. done

L. said...

Well, since Kim's talk in sacrament meeting is about journal keeping, I'm glad to have read this blog. Somehow making a few lists doesn't seem quite so hard. It's nice to have a few ideas before guilt sets in completely (yep, it must be genetic). Thanks! --Mom

ashley said...

Suzy--you finally did it! And I finally read it! I learned so much about you I never knew before. Great stuff!

Becca said...

suzy, you'd go crazy here, it's like the land of the crane flies! (big ones, too, more like the size of dragonflies!!!)
miss you!