Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Meat Market

I know I swore it would never happen, but...

I'm getting married!!!!

I know, shocking. I promised myself it wouldn't happen this soon, but as much as I don't want to admit it, Shelton was right. Shelton, aka the satanic chemistry teacher at Timpview as well as the 2nd counselor in Janel, Danielle, and Becca's ward's bishopric, won the bet. At the Senior Honors Night right before graduation he looked me in the eye and prophesied menacingly, "Give it two years and you'll be in the my ward."

Well, what can I say? Things just move so fast here at BYU! I only met him last week but we really are in love and I can't stop thinking about him and I love him and he loves me and we love each other and we know we were positively destined for each other. He is the One. So what if I only lasted a mere eleven months. If it's right, it's right. And if it's love, it's love. And he's just nine years older than me and there's no need to freak out because--let's be honest--age doesn't matter in the eternities, does it.

Now, we haven't set a date or figured out what temple we're getting married in or what our colors are or where we're registered, so please don't ask yet. (I'm sure we'll have that all figured out by next week, though.)

Carrot cake, anyone?

9 comments:

L. said...

Happy April Fools Day, you little sneak! (even if there was only 4 minutes left of it as you wrote this blog!). Carrot cake will just have to wait! --Mom

Danielle said...

Oh no, I already called Aunt Carolyn.

janel said...

Aunt Florence is ready to come out and write the history of your wedding event. What's the groom's name again? Shelton will be thrilled.

Amanda said...

baha ha ha...

you punk.

(I am, of course, refering to your previous April Fool's day joke...because I knew this was fake).

But very, very well written. Almost had me convinced :)

Ryan said...

As long as I get a life-size cardboard cut-out of me at the front of the line, tag on my chest, I'm fine with this.

Suzy said...

cardboard cutout my FOOT

Bring it on, Aunties C and Flo!

Camille said...

Unfortunately, I read the date before I read the blog. But, a valiant effort!!!
P.S. I like the cardboard cutout of Ryan idea. One time we bought a cardboard cutout ($50!!!) of Mark Leavy and put it in Anna Bennett's room when she woke up.

Kimberly said...

Would his name happen to be Library Boy by chance?

Suzy said...

enough with the cardboard cutout idea already! Ryan's cutout will NOT be standing in my WEDDING line, and I am not willing or desrious--at all--to fork over fifty bucks for it! Sheesh. And Kim, the groom is, unfortunately, NOT Library Boy. Sorry Charlie...