Monday, March 31, 2008

Nicknames!

I knew one guy in high school who had a different handshake with every person. While I'm not a huge handshake fan, I am a huge believer in nicknames.

Oh how I absolutely love nicknames. Not only do I love nicknames, but I love giving people nicknames. I'm not exactly sure why, but one thing's for sure--I had a nickname for practically half the band in high school. Maybe it's because it seems more...personal? Or maybe I just like to feel buddy-buddy with everyone...whether I am or not!

Here's a list of some of my favorites that I've given people:
(ten points to the person who can match every nickname with the correct person)

Hezbollah
Janage
Shelby
Rasputin
K-bob (Shiskabob)
Poppy
Cooney
RyRy
Cuz Buz
Jordini
Library Boy
Sagerooney
S-Squared
Sistah D
Cosy-B
Travieso
B.J.
Janaynay
Christoff

And I also think these are fun nicknames even though I didn't make them up:
(can anyone guess these ones?)

Loopy
Ms. D
Unis
Big-B
Beev
Grobey
Dave comma Ol
Boozer
V-neck
Triangle head (Krista's always especially reverent and respectful of our relatives with this one)
JJWagstaff

Three nicknames I think are hideously ugly:
Dannis (blegh)
Braddis (blegh)
Craigis (blegh)

Two nicknames I used to hate with a passion:
Suzy
Susanna (I HATED the song "Oh Susannah!" for at least the first ten years of my life)

Seventeen nicknames I've had:
Suz, Suzy, Susannah Banana, Scuz, Boozy, Soozer, Mini Janel, Soozer Boozer, Miss Suzy, Suzette, I love you Susy!, Eiss, SuzyQ, Scooz, SuSu, Ultra-Righteous, Shazaam!!

Good times, good times. I certainly have had quite a lot of nicknames. Wow. Who'dathunk. These days I am going by Suzy in college, and my roommates always think it's funny and weird when someone from my family or from high school asks for "Suzanne." Ha ha. I think I like Suzy because it's less formal. Although, I still love the name Suzanne and wouldn't ever change it.

Good thing I'm not that attached to my last name. :)

10 comments:

Danielle said...

HAHA! Unfortunately I can't match all the nicknames, but did you christen Jacob BJ? Triangle Head could never remember that(she always called him JB).

Suzy said...

Danielley, I comPLETEly forgot about BJ! Ha! He's going on the list right now. :)

Ryan said...

Ok, here goes
-Heather
-Janel
-Me
-Andrew someting or other
-Kristen
-...
-...
-Me
-Your cousins in general?
-JC
-Library Boy (does he have a name?)
-Sage
-Steve Schraedel
-...
-Cossette
-Travis Aldous
-Jacob

Did I win?

Suzy said...

Wow, I'm duly impressed FyFy. All but 4 (Library Boy does indeed have a name). You might be the one getting the ten points.

Can anyone fill in the ones he missed?

Suzy said...

ha ha I meant to type RyRy. Maybe FyFy will be your new nickname :)

Camille said...

I liked your list of your own nicknames. You make me laugh.

janel said...

JJ Wagstaff wants you to know that you're about to be christened "Suzbollah" or even better, "Ultra Righteous Hezbollah."

Suzy said...

Janage, I veto both of those nicknames. Period. (Methinks I already have enough...)

Kaiti said...

!!!!i love it! and yes unfortunately my blog is all about food, because i'm graded on it. I have to write one each week for my eng 150 class and our topic for the class is food. Can be pretty interesting though.

Heather said...

I feel honored that I'm the first one on you nicknames that you like list. Oh yay. :) You're one of the few people who can make Heather (the ultimate name with no nicknames) into a nickname!
-Hez