Thursday, February 28, 2008

Some Days Are Good For No Particular Reason

Today I got a free shirt that fits!!!! How often does that happen? Pretty much never. And it's pretty decent looking too. So why today? Why was today good? The weather was amazing. That always helps, but I've also been pretty grouchy on days that are gorgeous. Maybe it's because I feel like I am in control of my life these days...or maybe it's because I don't have any midterms this week... Whatever the reason, I had a great day today. Okay, I admit it, I do know one reason why today was monumental: I got a laptop!!! WOOT WOOT thank you Dad. So it's not exactly new...in fact it's Dad's old computer (and when I say old I mean 2000ish), but we'll just call it my nueva computadora as opposed to my computadora nueva. :) This laptop is very special. He likes to type a letter twice when I only push the key once, and can't seem to decide whether to erase one or two letters when I press Backspace. So please pardon the inevitable spelling errors. He likes to think a long time about the words I type before he produces them on the screen, so this blog is actually taking me the better part of an hour to write. His down arrow and the delete keys don't work, but we all have flaws, right?

Suffice it to say, we're practically best friends already. I mean, how could we not be, seeing how I can actually blog from my room now! And post after midnight! (which is when the library closes) All he needs now is a name...for which I think I will ask the audience. I would be much obliged if you would vote on his name on the poll.
If you think I should name him a different name than the options posted, please leave me the suggestion in a comment. (And please remember that voting more than once a day is strictly prohibited. That means you, Becca.)

6 comments:

janel said...

Definitely Huey, Dewey, or Louie, after you-know-what. Hooray for the computer! Goodbye
NOL
APT
OPC
LUB
Forever.

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

How about Mr. Gimpy-Lappy?

L. said...

I vote for Bartholomew--Bartie for short! -Love, Mom

Kimberly said...

Or maybe you could call it Dobby, since it seems to have a knack for making things worse every time it attempts to do your bidding!

janel said...

1054 visits!?! Wow!