Thursday, December 06, 2007

our ghetto apartment is falling apart

Our apartment flooded again this week! But, luckily, this time it happened on Saturday morning (as opposed to Saturday night) so we called maintenance and they cleaned our entire bathroom. Beautiful day. I was most definitely NOT looking forward to scooping all that junk out of the bottom of the shower again. Blegh. And they cleaned the carpet in our hallway, too! Then our toilet wasn't working and we didn't have any water pressure in the bathroom sink and the water in the kitchen faucet came out dark brown, but no one died and we got that fixed, too. Gotta love the dorms.

The most recent breakdown update is: our oven is broken. Suffice it to say... hopefully no one has to bake anything anytime soon. I'm just glad it happened tonight after I was done making biscuits and a casserole for dinner group tonight! (Wow, doesn't that sound domestic...I am so proud of myself. Please just ask Ryan how the biscuits turned out. And ask how many he had. In one sitting.)

These are the days when I am oh so glad I live in Provo and can go home where everything works properly. Oh, wait, the car I drive--good ol Baby Blue--died this week...I guess I'm stuck here after all. Oh well. Maybe it will make me study more for finals, right?

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh wow, what a week. Call me if you need a ride or a functioning toilet. And I'm glad for your (and your readers') sake that you didn't have to clean out the shower this time! SICK!

L. said...

And I thought the basement shower had its share of yucks...Come home for a hot meal now and then. I'll come and pick you up myself! --Mom

Kimberly said...

Suz, you have like 5 people that could give you rides home, so that's no excuse! Call me if you need a ride home. Or an oven. Ours doesn't get used much anyway.

Ryan said...

Hmm... Suzy's oven is broken? There goes half of my food supply. Oh well, the Cannon Center will just have to start doubling their recipes.

janel said...

I just don't understand how Suzy can neglect her blog for 3 weeks, then post a quick entry and rack up 5+ comments within 12 hours. Perhaps because she's a dang good writer (and biscuit maker, from the sound of it). I am proud to be her official college essay reader. Maybe she will quote me one day when she publishes a NY Times Best Seller. I would be happy to rave about her on the back cover. I will not fail to mention her drain unclogging and cleanup skills, as well as her propensity for making things around her break down.