Monday, October 22, 2007

Top Five Reasons ... Why I Will Never Be Bulimic

After having been sick this weekend, I have come to the following conclusions on why you will never find me on the bulimia nervosa list:

1. I love the taste of food WAY too much to want to re-experience it half-digested and combined with stomach acid, coming up the wrong way.
2. Who wants to spend half their life crouched over a toilet? (it's less than enlightening...and not very pleasant-smelling)
3. I'd like to keep my teeth white and decay-free, thank you.
4. I can't throw up quietly...although I certainly tried on Saturday.
5. The taste of throw-up.

Wow, and I just had the stomach flu. I suppose I'll become much more acquainted with the particulars during my first trimester of pregnancy. Good thing I have a few years to prepare myself to stomach it (no pun intended).

6 comments:

L. said...

Just the sounds of hearing our two sickies "hurl" (as I'm told is is called these days) repeatedly this weekendmakes me agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm too weak-stomached. --Mom

Danielle said...

Don't worry, with luck you'll be like me in morning sickness. The only time so far I've thrown up in both pregnancies was when I accidentally ate a moldy piece of bread. And I felt sorry enough for myself then to last for both pregnancies. I hope you're feeling better.

Kimberly said...

I wholeheartedly agree, Suz. After this last weekend, I think I would rather die of obesity than throw up to make myself skinny. Nasty!

P.S. My roomate kept asking if I'd "spewed" again & it kept making me think of "He spews a mighty fireball!"

ryan said...

I wonder what would happen if I had the flu AND spent ten minutes on the rotating chair of death. Now that's an image.

janel said...

Just thinking of crouching near a toilet makes me want to throw up. If you act really pathetic about it, Danielle might come and clean your toilet like she did mine. But after your episode with the drain, maybe we should be coming to you, Ms. Stomach of Steel. No, I wouldn't recommend bulimia to you--you already love flossing too much. No need to spend more time cleaning out those pearly whites. Unless you're planning something...

Jonathan said...

Oh Suz, you poor poor thing! I do hope you are feeling better!